In Stock Now!
About the Istar Asteria AT 127-12 R30 - 127mm f/12 Achromatic Anastigmat Refractor Telescope...
Unlike so many mass-produced telescopes on the market today, Istar Optical Refractor Telescopes are created one at a time and then strenuously tested to insure the best quality possible. The optics of the Istar Asteria AT 127-12 R30 - 127mm f/12 Achromatic Anastigmat Refractor Telescope are manufactured with glass from brand name companies like O'''Hara, Schott, and CDGM. iStar uses special exotic glass types to achieve a 30% - 60% reduction in CA (chromatic aberration) and spot size compared to doublet lens systems made of less expensive glass. For instance, an Istar Optical Refractor Telescope made with R60 glass will produce a spot size that is 60% less than common doublets, and a scope made with R30 would reduce the spot size by 30%.
Each Istar lens incorporated into the Istar Asteria AT 127-12 R30 - 127mm f/12 Achromatic Anastigmat Refractor Telescope is produced with a super flat black-edge masking that eliminates unwanted inner objective glass reflections while improving on resolution. Once completed, all IStar lenses are tested twice. A computer interferometer test is done as well as a full visual test out under the stars. Every Istar Optical Refractor Telescope Lens is engraved with its own serial number, and that number is linked to its set of reports, which are sent to the buyer along with warranty information (5 years).
A special lens cap is shipped with each Istar Asteria AT 127-12 R30 - 127mm f/12 Achromatic Anastigmat Refractor Telescope that will allow the user to increase or decrease the friction inside of the Istar Optical Refractor Telescope dew shield by simply loosening or tightening two silver bolts. It is unlike anything else on the market today.
The optical tube assembly and dew shield for each Istar Asteria AT 127-12 R30 - 127mm f/12 Achromatic Anastigmat Refractor Telescope are produced in Austria and then CNC machined and powder coated in the Czech Republic. The finish of choice is matte black. The textured finish is durable and allows for a sure grip when handling the Istar Optical Refractor Telescope tube.
Finally, Istar provides a 2.5" dual speed, 360 degree rotatable focuser to finish off your Istar Asteria AT 127-12 R30 - 127mm f/12 Achromatic Anastigmat Refractor Telescope in style. The focuser is CNC machined of aircraft grade alloy, and the included 2" & 1.25" adapters have brass compression rings. The draw tube travel is 4.5", and the whole Istar Optical Refractor Telescope weighs 3.2 lbs.
Istar Asteria AT 127-12 R30 - 127mm f/12 Achromatic Anastigmat Refractor Telescope Features...
- Istar is one out of maybe 2 or 3 manufacturers of telescopes in the world that includes with each Lens Cell or Optical tube an Interferogram report.
- This price includes Focuser as pictured, Optical Tube and two Rings.
- Istar Optical Asteria 127mm F12 R30 Refractor
- The Istar Optical Asteria 127mm F12 R30 Refractor OTA uses R30 exotic glass to visibly improve chromatic aberration in this two-element anastigmatic design.
- The Istar 127mm Asteria Telescope has a lens diameter of 131mm with a full 5" of clear aperture.
- Individually tested by both man and machine, and you'''ll get a copy of the reports, along with a 5 year warranty!
- Istar refractors come with a 2.5" dual speed, fully rotatable Crayford focuser and include 2" & 1.25" brass compression ring adapters.
Istar Asteria AT 127-12 R30 - 127mm f/12 Achromatic Anastigmat Refractor Telescope Specifications...
Number of Elements: 2
Lens Diameter: 131 mm
Clear Aperture: 127 mm (5 inches)
Focal Length: 1476 mm
Focal Ratio: f/12
Lens Coating: Full Multi-Coated
OTA Weight: - - -
Overall Tube Length: 1427 mmIStar Product Number: ISAT127-8-R30