About the Celestron Advanced VX 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope...
The iconic 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain Celestron Telescope has been known for decades as Celestron''s most beloved telescope. Now beginner to intermediate astroimagers can have their own "C-8" at an extremely affordable price. This classic design has been upgraded in the Celestron Advanced VX 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope with StarBright XLT coatings for maximum light transmission. Combined with the fully featured Advanced VX mount, you have a Celestron Telescope setup that is ready for both Celestron CCD Camera imaging and visual observing.
About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount...
The new Advanced VX Celestron Telescope Mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller Celestron Telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You'''ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. The Celestron Advanced VX 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope will allow you to image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly use your Celestron CCD Camera to image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Celestron Advanced VX 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Features...
- 8" (203mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 84% more light gathering than a 6" telescope.
- 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable
- Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 - 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 203 mm (7.99 in)
Focal Length (mm): 2032 mm (80 in)
Focal Ratio: f/10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 20 mm (0.79 in)
Magnification 1: 102 x
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Fastar Compatible: Yes
Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
Tripod Legs: 2"
Weight (lbs): 59 lbs (27 kg)
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 480 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 29 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 841 x
Optical Tube Length: 17" in (432 mm)
Optical Tube Weight: 13 lbs (5.9 kg)
EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
Counterweights: 1 x 11 lbs
Latitude Range: 7-77 deg
Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
Internal Clock: Yes
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Product Number: 12026