About the Explore Scientific 8x50 Correct Image Illuminated Reticle Right Angle Finder Scope w/ Polar Alignment...
It seems to us that finder scopes or viewfinders for telescopes are often built and designed as somewhat of an afterthought. The Explore Scientific 8x50 Correct Image Illuminated Reticle Right Angle Finder Scope is a worthy optical instrument in its own right. With individual objective and eyepiece focus adjustments, a long eye-relief eyepiece, a precision-etched open circle illuminated reticle (that will not hide the star that you center), and fully multi-coated optics you'''ll effortlessly find and center objects with any telescope that it is used on.
The Explore 8 X 50 Right Angle Erect Image Illuminated Finder Scope, with its scale markings and open center, not only helps you center objects precisely, but gives a reference of the exact field of view in degrees. The deep red illumination can be adjusted to just the right brightness. The eyepiece has comfortable eye relief and produces a 6 degree field of view. Both the eyepiece and the main objective can be focused independently so that you can obtain perfect focus for your eyes. The right-angle finderscope weights just under a pound (15.9 oz), and measures 8.5" x 2.45" x 2.25".
Explore Scientific 8x50 Correct Image Illuminated Reticle Right Angle Finder Scope w/ Polar Alignment Features...
- Scale markings and open center, not only helps you center objects precisely, but gives a reference of the exact field of view in degrees
- Includes Northern and Southern polar reference markings, allows for quick and precise polar alignments with any equatorial mount
- The quick-release design of the Explore Scientific finderscope bracket allows you to attach the finder to your telescope quickly and easily. The dual rings securing your finder have three point adjustment knobs.
- The erecting prisms of the Explore Scientific Correct Image Finder Scopes are precision ground and polished to produce bright, high-resolution images.
- Measure distances and easily center an object in the field of view. The brightness of the reticle can be adjusted, which is nice when you are searching for fainter objects.
- The illuminator screws into the end if the finder and can be removed easily to change batteries. The deep red illumination can be adjusted for brightness.
- The eyepiece has comfortable eye relief and produces a 6 degree field of view. Comfortable right angle design.
Explore Scientific 8x50 Correct Image Illuminated Reticle Finder Scope w/ Polar Alignment Specifications...
Equipment Type: Optical Finderscope
Field of View: 6 degrees
Coatings: Fully Multi-coated
Design: Erect Image Right Angle (90 degrees)
Illuminated Reticle: Red LED - Adjustable Brightness
Dimensions: 216mm x 57mm x 62mm
Weight: 15.9 ozExplore Scientific Product Number: VFEI0850-RA