ED80 Classic White "Essential Series" f/6 Air Spaced Triplet; 480mm focal length; Two-Speed Rack and Pinion Focuser; 99% Reflective 2-inch Diagonal; Integrated Vixen-Style Dovetail, Explore Finder Scope Base installed on scope. Weighs 7.5 lbs. (Case and Finder Scope NOT Included)
Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 ED Apochromatic Triplet Essential Refractor Telescope Features...
- The Explore ED APO telescope comes with a white aluminum tube with black accents.
- Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Apochromatic Triplets have true APO optic and are diffraction limited at .25PV or better.
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan is used on all ED APO Triplets at Explore, for superb quality and light throughput.
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter; and contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly.
- While refractors seldom require additional collimation after initial factory adjustment, the lens cell design allows for consumer collimation. Sending your ED Triplet off to the factory is always an option, but is not required.
- Heavy-duty 2" dual-speed focusers.
- To attach your Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
- All Explore Scientific products come with a STAR Extended-Life-of-the-Product Warranty. Upon registration, this product will be under warranty for as long as it is manufactured, plus five years.
Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 ED Apochromatic Triplet Essential Refractor Telescope Specifications...
Focal Length: 480mm
Focal Ratio: f/6
Resolving Power: 1.45 arc seconds
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12
Dimensions: L=475mm x W=90mm
Weight: 3.4 kg; 7.5 lb
Explore Scientific Product Number: ES-ED0806-01
Customer Note: Finderscope, diagonal and case are not included with this model.