The Lunt LS50FHa is a 50 mm aperture (no central obstruction) integrally tuned etalon for use on any customer-supplied refractor.
The standard system includes the B600 blocking filter, which provides full disk images on telescopes up to 540 mm focal length. Larger blocking filters suitable for longer focal length telescopes are also available options. All LS50FHa systems include a front-mounted filter and a rear mounted 2″ or 1.25″ blocking diagonal. Choose the blocking filter that best suits your telescope and your focuser size.
- B600 – Up to 540 mm focal length, offered in 1.25″ or 2″ diagonal
- B1200 – Up to 1080 mm focal length, offered in 1.25″ or 2″ diagonal
- B1800 – Up to 1620 mm focal length, offered in 1.25″ or 2″ diagonal
- B3400 – Up to 3060 mm focal length, offered in 2″ straight-through tube
These Hydrogen-alpha Filters are designed to retrofit (adapters required) the customer-supplied telescope for use during the day. They are easily removable so that the scope can continue to be used for night observing.
Because the LS50FHa has an estimated bandpass of <0.70 Angstrom it is capable of providing high contrast views of both surface and edge detail. Adding an additional etalon system (double-stacking) will reduce the bandpass to ~<0.50 (dependent upon scope) allowing for higher resolution viewing and/or imaging. The part number LS50FHa is offered for this purpose or for those who already have a Lunt blocking filter. A Lunt blocking filter must be used with Lunt Ha filters at all times.
LS50FHa Specifications: (single filter)
- Optical Aperture: 50 mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.70 Angstrom
- Tuning: Tilt
- Focal Length: Customer Telescope
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 2 lb (~1kg)