About the Kendrick ZapCap Heated Dewshield - OD Tubes...
Kendrick ZapCap Heated Dewshields are constructed of the same black ABS plastic as the Kendrick standard dewcap line. They are all felt lined and are attached by wrapping it around your telescope just below the lens or corrector plate ring. The two outside ends are then pressed together using the sewn on velcro.
The Kendrick ZapCap Heated Dewshields have a built in low wattage heater that makes good contact with your telescope to keep it free of moisture. The heater is inside a rubberized sleeve and it is this sleeve that provides a friction fit and keeps the ZapCap in place. An optional controller is needed to make the ZapCap work.
Kendrick ZapCap Heated Dewshield - OD Tubes Features...
- Built in Low Wattage FireFly heater.
- Cabling included to attach to an optional Kendrick Controller
- Notched (single notch only) to accomodate commonly used dovetails.
- Can be used with any Kendrick controller.
- Low power consumption.
- Felt lined.
- Best quality Velcro available is sewn into the ZapCap to make firm connection of dewcap ends with high repeatability.
- Built in proprietary infa-red reflector. Directs maximum warmth into the scope instead of the atmosphere.
Kendrick ZapCap Heated Dewshield - OD Tubes Specifications...
Equipment Type: Dewshield
Application: OD Optical Tubes