About the TeleVue 27mm Panoptic Eyepiece - 2"...
Housed in a 2" barrel like the 35mm, the TeleVue 27mm Panoptic Eyepiece is lighter and smaller. This TeleVue Telescope Eyepiece is perfect for any telescope size, type or speed, where a little more magnification is desired, yet still allows full field viewing with eyeglasses. For example, with the TV85 TeleVue Telescope, it gives 22x and a true field of 2.9 degrees!
"Using my Wide-Field design as a starting point, I looked to bring Nagler-like performance to the 60+ degree field class with the TeleVue Telescope Eyepiece Panoptic series. The idea of a lens to "interface" between the eyepiece and Barlow struck me as the proper way to keep size, weight and cost to a minimum while improving edge of field performance even further. I later developed this idea into the Powermates." --Al Nagler
TeleVue 27mm Panoptic Eyepiece - 2" Features...
- Adjustable and removable screw-type top allows quick, comfortable eye positioning
- Features multi-coatings, blackened lens edges, filter threads, rubber grip rings
- Perfect for any telescope size, type or speed
- Scalloped shape gives a positive grip
- Standard features include eyeguard cover and undercut barrel for extra locking security in the focuser
TeleVue 27mm Panoptic Eyepiece - 2" Specifications...
Focal Length (mm): 27
Barrel Size (in.): 2"
Apparent Field of View (deg.): 68
Eye Relief (mm): 19
Weight (lb / oz): 1.03 / 16.4
Field Stop (mm): 30.5TeleVue Product Number: EPO-27.0