About the Meade 130mm Series 6000 ED Triplet APO Refractor OTA...
For crisp wide-field observing and imaging, few optical designs match the performance of a Meade Telescope - a true triple-element apochromatic refractor. This is especially true in astrophotography. Meade 130mm Series 6000 ED Triplet APO Refractor Telescopes compete head-to-head with the world'''s premium APOs at a fraction of the cost.
Expert observers will be delighted by the virtual absence of color fringing around objects and this Meade Telescope''s textbook-perfect pinpoint star images. Even beginners will notice the extra high contrast and breathtaking wide-field views of a Meade Series 6000 ED APO. Each scope includes a Meade enhanced 2" diagonal with a 99% reflectivity mirror and a hard carrying case.
A Meade 130mm Series 6000 ED APO Refractor Telescope is the ideal companion for your larger Schmidt-Cassegrain, Advanced Coma Free, or Newtonian telescope. When piggybacked, a Series 6000 ED APO Meade Telescope is the perfect guide scope that doubles as spectacular wide-field photography scope when guided by the primary instrument. Additional Meade Telescope Eyepieces, Meade Telescope Mounts and Tripods, and Meade Telescope Accessories are readily available!
Meade 130mm Series 6000 ED Triplet APO Refractor OTA Features...
- True ED Apochromatic Triplet. A true triplet optical design guarantees the textbook color corection you should expect from a premium APO.
- Premium ED Glass. For unsurpassed color correction, brightness, and clarity, the Series 6000 APOs uses premium FPL53 (80mm) and FK61 (115mm & 130mm) Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass.
- Fast Focal Ratio. At f/6 (80mm), and f/7 (115mm and 130mm), these scopes are tailor-made for wide field astrophotography.
- Air-Space Objective Lens. The precision air-spaced triple element ED objective lens focuses red, green, and blue wave lengths to the same exact focal point.
- Fully-Multicoated Lenses. Meade broadband multicoated lenses ensure maximum light transmission.
- Machined Aluminum Dual Speed Crayford Focuser. A superior focuser means smooth and repeatable focusing with no image shift. Every Meade Series 6000 ED Triplet APO includes a zero iamge-shift 10:1 dual speed crayford focuser, giving you the fine focus you want for super sharp visuals and images.
- The 80mm APO features a large 2" diameter focuser, while the 115mm and 130mm telescopes include an incredible 3" diameter focuser allowing a wide range of accessories.
- Enhanced 2" Diagonal. All Series 6000 ED APO telescopes include an enhanced 99% reflectivity slip-fit diagonal.
- Fully-Extendable Dew Shield. An essential accessory built into the telescope, protecting it from dew build up and stray light.
- Cradle Rings and Mounting Bracket. Allows mounting on a wide variety of Meade and non-Meade German Equatorial Mounts and most photo tripods.
Meade 130mm Series 6000 ED Triplet APO Refractor OTA Specifications...
Optics Type: Triplet Apochromatic Refractor
Aperture: 130mm (5.1")
Focal Length: 910mm
Focal Ratio: f/7
Coatings: Fully multi-coated
Focuser: Dual speed 3" Crayford focuser with 10:1 gear reduction
Diagonal: Meade Series 5000 2" diagonal with 99% reflectivity
Finderscope: 8X50 Optical
Mouting: Aluminum cradle ring assembly
Case: Deluxe aluminum
Meade Product Number: 0507-00-05
Customer Note: This is an optical tube assembly only. Mount and tripod are optional.