Click on Images to Zoom
About the Celestron Nightscape 8300 CCD Camera...
Celestron''s ground-breaking Nightscape CCD Camera has a new addition to the lineup: Introducing the Nightscape 8300, the one shot color CCD camera featuring the highly acclaimed Kodak KAF-8300 sensor. The Celestron Nightscape 8300 CCD Camera provides 8.3 megapixels of resolution on this ultra-sensitive Kodak CCD. Camera control and image processing are made easy, fast and effective, thanks to the included AstroFX software. Additionally, the Nightscape 8300 is the most affordable feature-rich KAF-8300 CCD camera on the market!
Sensitivity: Nightscape'''s ultra-sensitive KAF-8300 CCD easily detects subtle deep sky details. Capture the faint wisps of a colorful emission nebula, or image fine detail of a spiral galaxy millions of light years away. You'''ll be amazed how much faint detail you can detect in your time lapse astroimages.
A Cool Performer: The regulated thermoelectric cooling system with adjustable speed fan not only reduces the inherent CCD noise, but the temperature is also precisely regulated to your setting of choice, allowing you to take accurate calibration images. The camera electronics have been carefully engineered to minimize the read noise (only 8e- RMS) and provide the cleanest image data possible.
Form Factor: Compact four inch diameter design provides minimal obstruction needed for Fastar f/2 imaging. The round symmetrical aluminum cast body resembles the obstruction of the secondary mirror of a Cassegrain telescope ensuring a round star with minimal light diffraction. Additionally the spacing to sensor is the same distance as most DSLR cameras allowing compatibility with most standard DSLR t-adapters.
Full Control: Celestron'''s intuitive AstroFX software takes you step-by-step from taking images to processing the final result. AstroFX gives you full control of your camera from temperature regulation, exposure control as well as computer assisted focusing for easy image acquisition. AstroFX knows just what to do with your images and calibration frames to create a final master image that''s been stacked, stretched, sharpened, saturated and ready to share with your friends in a snap.
Pentium or equivalent, or higher processor
Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7", or higher , 32-bit or 64-bit
1 GB RAM
Disk Space - 500 MB
Video Display minimum 1024x768, 16-bit color or higher
Celestron Nightscape 8300 CCD Camera Features...
- Uses the famous KAF-8300 CCD that imagers have grown to love, due to the high resolution, low noise, great sensitivity and affordable cost.
- A large 22.5mm diagonal CCD chip offers 8.3 megapixels of resolution. That means capturing a larger swatch of the sky with greater detail than similarly priced CCD cameras.
- Nightscape 8300 is the most affordable feature-rich KAF-8300 camera readily available, retaining all of the advanced features found in more expensive cameras to obtain stunning astrophotos.
- Regulated thermoelectric cooling and adjustable fan dramatically reduces thermal noise, producing superior images.
- AstroFX software - takes you step-by-step from taking images to processing the final result.
- The TEC and 16-bit A/D conversion provide lower noise and greater bit-depth than DSLR cameras, making the Nightscape 8300 an ideal upgrade for DSLR imagers who want to advance to CCD imaging and capture greater detail in every shot.
- Internal mechanical shutter makes dark frame acquisition easy - no need to cap the telescope.
- Internal 32MB SDRAM full frame memory buffer, ensures accurate and reliable image downloads
- Specially designed IR-cut optical window with anti-reflection multi-coatings provides 94% (or greater) transmission of Hydrogen Alpha wavelength and maximum overall light transmission.
- Celestron''s design combines form and function: Elegant industrial design, innovative heat-sink and air-flow system for efficient cooling, and cylindrical body is Fastar-friendly.
- Removable 2" nosepiece is threaded for 2" filters.
- ASCOM drivers are included for use with many other popular imaging software programs.
Celestron Nightscape 8300 CCD Camera Specifications...
A/D Conversion: 16 bit
Back Focus Distance: 55 mm w/2" barrel; 26 mm w/o barrel
Cooling Range: 20C below ambient
Dark Current (at 0 C): 0.15e-/pixel/second
Download Time: 12 sec for full-frame image
Dynamic Range: 64.4 dB
Exposure Range: .001 sec to 24hrs (2x2 bin); .01sec to 24hrs (1x1 bin)
Full Well Capacity: 25,500 e-
Imaging Sensor: Kodak KAF-8300 Color Sensor
Mounting: 2" barrel and t-thread
Operating Environment: 40C to -40C (104F to -40F)
Optical Window: High transmission Schott B270 glass
Quantum Efficiency: 33%@630 nm; 40%@550 nm; 33%@470 nm
Read Noise (RMS): 8 e-
Shutter: Internal Mechanical
Software Compatibility: AstroFX, MaximDL, ASCOM Driver
Sub-Framing: Full, Half, Quarter, selectable
Optical Coatings: IR cutoff and anti-reflection multi-coatings
Weight: 2 lbs (0.91 kg)
Power Requirements: 12V DC 2.5Amp, tip positive
Cooling: Regulated Thermoelectric w/Fan
Camera Resolution: 8.3MP (3326x2504)
Sensor Size: 17.96 mm x 13.52 mm (22.5 mm diagonal)
Pixel Size: 5.4 micron square
USB Cable: High-Speed 2.0, 10'' cable
Celestron Product Number: 95560