Click on Images to Zoom
About the Celestron NexStar 127 SLT - 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope...
Designed to be an affordable entry level to mid-level computerized GoTo telescope, the Celestron NexStar Star Locating Telescope (SLT) refractors and reflectors are available in the most popular sizes and are loaded with valuable design features. With pre-assembled, adjustable stainless steel tripods, and quick release fork arms and tubes, Celestron NexStar SLT telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes with no tools required! You can see details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, Mars resolved as an orange disc, Jupiter and its four moons, Saturn with its rings plainly visible and much more! Most NexStar SLT''s can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.
Powered by 8 AA user supplied batteries or an optional AC adapter (#18773) these Celestron NexStar GoTo''s love to travel. The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs. With the Celestron 127 SLT Computer Telescope''s ergonomically-designed hand control, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply know if a desired object is visible in the sky.
At the heart of the Celestron Next Star 127 SLT is a quality 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with an aperture of 127 mm (5 in). With a long focal ratio of f/11.81 and focal length of 1500 mm (59.06 in), this telescope also features multi-coated, high quality Celestron optics and makes use of a rack and pinion style focuser. The whole system, including the drive and computer units is easy to transport and easy to use!
Celestron''s most affordable NexStar telescope turns starry nights into space odysseys. They come with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the Celestron NexStar 127 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. The new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze. With the NexStar 127'''s you can see breathtaking views of the lunar landscape, Venus and its phases, Mars resolved as an orange disc, Jupiter and its 4 moons, Saturn resolved as a disc, with its rings plainly visible at medium and high magnification.
With Celestron''s Revolutionary SkyAlign technology, aligning your Celestron 127 SLT is easier and faster than ever. Simply input the date, time and your location (the CPC models have built-in GPS that does this for you) and then align the telescope to three bright stars of your choosing. You do not need to know the names of the stars -- you could even pick the moon or bright planets! The NexStar Computer system will automatically figure out which stars were chosen and then align the telescope. There is no need to point the telescope North or to level the optical tube - the initial position of the telescope is irrelevant. This makes for a fast and very easy method for aligning the telescope.
Celestron NexStar 127 SLT - 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope Features...
- High quality 127mm Mak-Cas
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Good for terrestrial and celestial observing
- "The SkyX - First Light Edition" astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Celestron NexStar NexStar 127 SLT - 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Computerized Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 127 mm (5 in)
Focal Length (mm): 1500 mm (59 in)
Focal Ratio: f/12
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification 1: 60 x
Eyepiece 2 (mm): 9 mm (0.35 in)
Magnification 2: 167 x
Star Diagonal: 1.25
Mount: Motorized Altazimuth
Accessory Tray: No Tool, Quick release
Weight (lbs): 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Highest Useful Magnification: 300 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 18 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13
Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.1 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.91 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 329 x
Angular Field of View (deg): .83
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 44 ft (13 m)
Optical Coatings: Fully-Coated
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 3deg/sec, 2deg/sec, 1deg/sec, 64x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
Computer Hand Control: Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
Database: 4,000 Object Database
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Celestron Product Number: 22097