Click on Images to Zoom
About the Celestron CGE Pro 1400 FASTAR - 14" SCT with Computerized Equatorial Mount...
The CGE Pro 1400 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is part of Celestron''s "Top-of-the-Line" German Equatorial mounted astronomical telescopes. With over three times the light gathering power of an 8" telescope, the observatory-class Celestron CGE Pro 1400 is Celestron''s largest optical system in its class.
The 11089 model also features our premium StarBright XLT coatings and is FASTAR compatible for f/2 wide field imaging. The Celestron CGE Pro 1400 FASTAR is especially at home as a solid platform for long exposure photography with optional CCD cameras or photographic equipment; it is a serious scientific research tool. German Equatorial mounts are recognized as being the superior choice for astrophotography because of their rock solid stability, simple balancing and easy accessibility for attaching equipment. With sophisticated software features like Hibernate function, the CGE Pro can maintain its star alignment night after night without needing to be re-aligned, making it an ideal instrument for a permanent observatory facility.
As a visual instrument, you can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and you can see hundreds of other equally interesting NGC, IC and Caldwell objects. Turn the Celestron CGE Pro Telescope to the planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini'''s Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach.
In addition to being fully computerized with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, the CGE Pro German Equatorial mount has been completely redesigned to offer numerous design advantages:
Increased Payload Capacity - With a maximum payload of 90 lbs, the CGE Pro mount is able to hold the telescope more securely even when fully loaded with all your imaging gear.
All-Star Polar Alignment - Choose any bright alignment star for a software assisted alignment of the mount'''s polar axis that will have you ready for imaging even if you can'''t see the North Star.
No-Tool Polar Alignment - Larger hand knobs for both Altitude and Azimuth adjustments.
Meridian Tracking - Extended tracking past the Meridian of up to 20 degrees of uninterrupted imaging through the best part of the sky.
Faster Slew Speed - Improved gearing and motors provide faster slew speeds than ever before with a maximum slew rate of over 5 degrees per second.
Accuracy - The hallmark of any telescope mount is its ability to find, center and track celestial objects with the highest degree of accuracy.
Pointing - With just a standard hand control alignment, CGE Pro has the ability to center a star in your eyepiece or CCD chip to within 5 arc minutes. Using NexStar'''s advanced pointing features such as Calibration Stars, Sync and Precise GoTo, further improves the pointing accuracy to as low as 1 arc minute in the desired region of the sky.
Tracking - With larger .75" pitch diameter worm, precision made cut-steel gears in gearboxes, and seven slot skewed armature motors, the CGE Pro delivers smooth +/- 5 arc second tracking accuracy typical unguided periodic error, which can be further reduced with PPEC
Mount Calibration - Celestron'''s NexStar hand control has built-in compensation features essential for accurately placing small objects on the center of your CCD chip or high power eyepiece. Aligning on multiple Calibration Stars creates a model of the opto-mechanical inaccuracies inherent in all equatorial mounts. This model is stored within the hand control and is used to compensate for these inaccuracies, thus improving your pointing precision each time you slew your telescope.
In addition to these improvements, the Celestron line of German Equatorial mounts has long been recognized for features preferred by visual observers and astrophotographer alike. Among them include:
Portability - Set up and transportation of the CGE Pro telescopes is made easy by separating the mount into smaller, easy-to-carry components. Unlike fork arm mounted telescopes, the CGE'''s optical tubes can be quickly removed from their mounts making even the CGE Pro easily assembled in minutes.
Stability - Recognized for superior stability, German Equatorial mounts place the center of gravity directly over the tripod legs and can be easily polar aligned without the use of an optional equatorial wedge. This proven design reduces the "tuning fork" vibration that can be associated with undersized fork mounts. An improved Super HD Tripod supports the CGE Pro mount. This fully extendable tripod is made from the finest 2.75" stainless steel and can be raised to a height of 55". The tripod uses a dual leg support for maximum rigidity with an upper leg brace to provide an outward preload and a lower leg brace providing inward tension.
Balance - CGE Pro Equatorial mounts can easily be balanced in both axes. Simply sliding the counterweight for Right Ascension and moving the optical tube along its dovetail mounting for Declination, accomplish balancing the weight of camera equipment and other visual accessories. This means that no additional weight needs to be added to balance the telescope when additional accessories are added.
Clearance - CGE Pro mounts support their tubes at a single contact point allowing the tube to move freely around its polar axis without making contact with the telescope'''s mount. Software features allow the user to set the mount'''s slew limits to guaranty safe motion. This is particularly useful when adding photographic and CCD instruments that extend from the rear of the telescopes.
All CGE mounted telescopes are compatible with Celestron'''s SkySync GPS accessory. Combine the GPS and built-in real time clock and these telescopes will keep track and remember their exact location and time without having to enter the information into the hand control.
Celestron CGE Pro 1400 FASTAR - 14" SCT with Computerized Equatorial Mount Features...
- 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- CGE PRO computerized Equatorial mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55"
- 9X50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres
- Software Features include: Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five alignment methods and user-defined slew limits
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- 12 VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - High quality motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for improved tracking precision
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57" diameter steel tubing with .40" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes
- Precision worm drive system - .75" pitch dia. precision made steel worm preloaded with two .87" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth
- Spring loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and makes guiding easy
- 4 point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Autoguide port, PC port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Latitude range: 10o to 65o Northern or Southern Hemispheres
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Celestron CGE Pro 1400 FASTAR - 14" SCT with Computerized Equatorial Mount Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 355.5 mm (14 in)
Focal Length (mm): 3910 mm (154 in)
Focal Ratio: f/11
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 40 mm (1.57 in)
Magnification 1: 98 x
Star Diagonal: 2" with 1.25" adapter
Mount: CGE Pro Computerized Equatorial
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Tripod: Adjustable, 2.75" Stainless Steel legs
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 840 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 51 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 15.3
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.39 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.33 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 2579 x
Angular Field of View (deg): 0.53
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 28 ft (8.53 m)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 4.5 in (114 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 32 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 10 %
Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT Coating
Optical Tube Length: 31 in (787 mm)
Optical Tube Weight: 45 lbs (20 kg)
Tripod and Pier Weight: 52 lbs (24 kg)
EQ Mount Weight: 75 lbs (34 kg)
Counterweight Bar: 5 lbs (2.27 kg)
Counterweights: 3 x 22 lbs
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds 5.5 deg/s, 2 deg/s, 0.5 deg/s, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, 0.5x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align, 1-Star Align
Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12 VDC 3.5A
Internal Clock: Yes
GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Celestron Product Number: 11089
|(eap 25) 25mm Plossl