Click on Images to Zoom
$100 Rebate! Sale ends December 31...
About the Celestron NexStar 6SE Computerized Telescope...
Portability and serious performance come together in the Celestron NexStar 6 SE GoTo Telescope. Celestron'''s first new Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system in over a decade is now available in a high performance Altazimuth computerized telescope. With a total weight of 30 lbs including the tripod, the ultra portable 6 SE features a precision optical system with 1500mm focal length (f/10) and offers 44% more light gathering than a 5" telescope.
The Celestron NexStar 6 SE has all the same features as Celestron'''s most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including revolutionary SkyAlign alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of over 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control. Plug the optional SkySync GPS Accessory into NexStar'''s Auxiliary port and download data from orbiting GPS satellites for truly quick and easy alignments. The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 6 SE isn'''t one of them.
In the tradition of Celestron'''s famous orange optical tubes, the new Celestron NexStar SE Computer Telescope Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior StarBright XLT coatings, revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software and much more.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
Celestron NexStar 6SE Computerized Telescope Features...
- 6" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- SE series combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Celestron'''s unique patented single fork arm with integral hand control design provides a rigid and smooth operating structure for the optical tube
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Sturdy computerized Altazimuth mount
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar systems objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Celestron NexStar 6SE Computerized Telescope Specifications...
Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
Aperture (mm): 150 mm (5.91 in)
Focal Length (mm): 1500 mm (59 in)
Focal Ratio: 10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification 1: 60 x
Star Diagonal: 1.25"
Mount: Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Tripod: Steel leg
Power Supply: 8-AA batteries (not included)
Highest Useful Magnification: 354 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 21 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.4
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.93 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.77 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 459 x
Angular Field of View (deg): 0.83
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 44 ft (13 m)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.2 in (56 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 37 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 14 %
Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
Optical Tube Length: 16 in (406 mm)
Telescope Weight: 21 lbs (9.53 kg)
Tripod and Mount Weight: 9 lbs (4.08 kg)
Payload Capacity: 12 lbs (5.44 kg)
Motor Drive: Integrated D.C. Electronics
Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 5/sec, 3/sec, 1/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South
Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
Software Precision: 24 bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations
Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control, Aux
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Dovetail Compatibility: Quick Release Tube Clamp
Celestron Product Number: 11068