When it truly comes to pushing the envelope in design and
creating the products that amateur astronomers
want and most importantly, can afford.
One step ahead!
These new products, scheduled to ship in this 4th quarter of the
year (December 2011) are just one more
of the many products Meade has developed over the past quarter of a century.
Please review the details, and after you do, you will be just as
excited as we are about
what 2012 will bring for Amateur astronomers.
I for one can't wait to try out the new lx80 mount! Truly a multipurpose 3 in 1 innovation
The new LS800 systems promise to be even more exciting, with
state of the art electronics
that blow away the competition, according to our engineer friends at Meade Instruments.
Clear Skies wherever you are,
PS Please take a closer look at the specs and innovate designs
Remember, this new product launch is likely to have the highest demand and we
at Khan Scope have prepared by making commitments to Meade Instruments
as an Elite Dealer. Jump on board and get in early in the game, take the Steve Jobs
approach...the early bird gets the apple. Love him or like him, he was spot on!
THE NEW LX80 MULTI-MOUNT EASILY TRANSITIONS BETWEEN GERMAN EQUATORIAL, ALT-AZ AND DUAL OTA CONFIGURATIONS TO HANDLE ALL YOUR ASTRONOMICAL NEEDS.
Now you no longer have to make the difficult decision between the ease of setup and operation of an altazimuth mount or the versatility and long duration imaging capability of a German Equatorial Mount. Meade's new LX80 is the only mount that gives you both plus one more - three computerized GoTo mounts for the price of one.
GERMAN EQUATORIAL, ALT-AZ & DUAL OTA
The remarkable LX80 Multi-mount operates in three modes, German equatorial, single OTA altazimuth and dual OTA altazimuth. Setting up in any mode is quick and easy:
- Solid aluminum structure, with two large, tapered roller bearings.
- Carries a total payload of up to 40 pounds in EQ/Alt-Az modes and 75 pounds in dual OTA modes.
- Precision worm gear drives on both axis deliver smooth, accurate tracking. Meade's proprietary SmartDrive(TM) provides periodic error correction that dramatically reduces errors providing performance only available on much more expensive mounts.
- Primary and secondary OTA dovetail plates are industry-standard for maximum compatibility with all of your OTAs.
- The computerized GoTo mount is controlled with the amazing AudioStar Computer Controller with Meade's exclusive Astronomer Inside audio descriptions of the objects you are viewing.
- With large two inch diameter stainless steel legs, the all new LX80 tripod is rugged and stable. Built-in fine-tune leg levelers at the top of each leg make doing small adjustments the easiest they've ever been.
- The LX80 is available with a variety of optical tube assemblies including Meade's Schmidt-Cassegrain systems in 6, 8 and 10 inch apertures. The new Series 6000 ED Triplet APO refractors, in 80mm and 115mm apertures, Coronado SolarMax II 60 and SolarMax II 90 for H-alpha solar viewing. The LX80 is also available as mount/tripod only.
The new line of LX80s with Multi-Mount from
Meade Instruments is the most innovative and versatile mid-range
telescope system available anywhere.
LX80 Pricing (Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice)
|LX80||LX80 Multi-Mount Mount & Tripod with AudioStar||$799.00|
|LX806||LX80 Multi-Mount with 6" SC OTA||$1,199.00|
|LX808||LX80 Multi-Mount with 8" SC OTA||$1,499.00|
|LX8010||LX80 Multi-Mount with 10" SC OTA||$1,999.00|
|LX8080||LX80 Multi-Mount with Series 6000 80mm ED APO||$1,799.00|
|LX80115||LX80 Multi-Mount with Series 6000 115mm ED APO||$2,799.00|
|LX80C60||LX80 Multi-Mount with Coronado 60mm H-a SMT60-10||$2,199.00|
|LX80C90||LX80 Multi-Mount with Coronado 90mm H-a SMT60-15||$4,299.00|
THE NEW LX800(TM) WITH STARLOCK(TM). DESIGNED FROM THE GROUND UP TO BE THE IDEAL ASTRO-IMAGING PLATFORM.
introduces the latest in a long line of advanced astronomical
products - the LX800(TM). Using revolutionary new technology, every
aspect of this system has been designed to deliver the new
standard in astrophotographic and visual performance.
FASTER, SHARPER OPTICAL SYSTEM
Meade's all NEW optical system completes the LX800 system:
- Fast, f/8 Advance Coma-FreeÂ® optical system available in 10", 12" and 14" apertures.
- Unique internal Crayford-style, ZERO image-shift focusing system with a two-speed 7:1 control. This focusing system rigidly holds the primary mirror and eliminates the need for a mirror lock.
- Optional large-format, three-element f/5 focal reducer/field flattener. This delivers even wider fields, faster exposures and a photographically flat field even with larger sensors.
- Also available: Series 6000 3 element air-space apochromatic refractor (Optional field flattener available).
SOLID GERMAN EQUATORIAL MOUNT
Constructed of machined stainless steel and aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum, the LX800 mount presents a rock-solid platform:
- Supports 90 pounds of instruments. That's not including the counterweights.
- Precision roller bearings are employed on both RA and DEC axis.
- Robust 0.68" diameter brass worm and a 5.8" diameter, 225 tooth aluminum gears.
- Utilizes a 1.75" stainless steel threaded counterweight shaft.
- Fully computerized GoTo German Equatorial Mount with GPS and 144,000-object database.
- All-new super-stable tripod.
FULL-TIME AUTOMATIC GUIDING
The LX800 is the first FULL-TIME AUTOMATIC GUIDING SYSTEM on the market incorporating Meade's all new StarLock(TM) technology:
- An 80mm f/5 optic operating in tandem with a super wide-angle lens creates a two camera system that automatically finds your target in high precision.
- Guides to an incredible accuracy of one arc second and can lock on stars as dim as 11th magnitude. Focusing the StarLock optics is not required nor is there a need to select a guide star.
- Eliminates the need for a computer or separate guide scope.
- Automatically programs periodic error correction, corrects for errors down to virtually zero and then guides.
- Provides computer-assisted polar alignment using drift method for extreme precision.
LX800 Pricing (Specifications and pricing
subject to change without notice)
|LX800||LX800 German Mount with StarLock-||$5,999.00|
|LX80010||10" f/8 Advanced Coma-Free OTA with LX800 German Mount with StarLock-||$7,999.00|
|LX80012||12" f/8 Advanced Coma-Free OTA with LX800 German Mount with StarLock||$8,999.00|
|LX80014||14" f/8 Advanced Coma-Free OTA with LX800 German Mount with StarLock||$9,999.00|
|LX800130||Series 6000 130mm f/7 ED APO with LX800 German Mount with StarLock||$8,999.00|
Khan Scope Centre has already placed advance orders with Meade
Instruments for many of these products. because
as a Meade Elite Dealer, we know the demand is going to be very strong, when the product start to ship
in early December 2011.
We encourage you to place orders in advance so we can allocated product, or be left waiting till
next year. In an effort to encourage you to do so, we are offering FREE Ground SHIPPING on All LX800
products to most places in Canada (some remote areas are excluded)and the USA (except Hawaii and Puerto Rico).
until October 15th 2011. This offer does not apply to LX80 products
Call us Toll Free at 1 800 580 7160 or local 416 783 4140 for more information or to place an order
Khan Scope Centre
3243 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
phone; 416 783 4140 or Toll Free 1 8000 580 7160
PPS Win a Livestar Home Planetarium System! "Like US" on Facebook, contest closes September 30th 2011